La Niña: its impact and how to prepare your business.
The Bureau of Meteorology has declared a La Niña event is underway in the Pacific Ocean and communities in eastern Australia should be prepared for above-average rainfall over spring and summer.
What is La Niña
- La Niña is an event that typically brings above-average rainfall for Australia, particularly across eastern, central, and northern regions.
- This may result in torrential rain, floods, cyclones and storms, all of which can have a big impact on your home, business and the wider community.
Review your insurances
- Call us to review your cover and make sure you have the right – and adequate – insurance in place.
- Take a close look at your policy exclusions, especially flood. We can explain the ins and outs.
- Consider business interruption insurance.
- Will disruption to your suppliers affect your business, as has happened to many during COVID-19?
Practical ways to prepare
- Get regular building inspections completed on your home and workplace and follow the recommendations.
- Maintain roofs and guttering, and ensure your buildings are watertight.
- Check your drainage and consult with your council if there are local drainage issues.
- Develop an evacuation plan for you, your employees and your family.
Contact us today for a new quote or to compare, and get a plan in place before severe weather strikes.