5 ways to save money on your car
After a home, a car is usually one of the largest expenses for most households – with insurance, fuel, and maintenance all adding to the weekly budget. Here are five ways to reduce those costs for your family.
- Refinance your car loan – we can help check that you’re getting the loan that best meets your needs.
- Check your car insurance policy – you may be paying for features you don’t need or be able to get a similar cover for a lower price. Our general insurance team may be able to help so give us a call.
- Regularly service your car – your car will run more efficiently, and in turn be more reliable. Early issues can be fixed before they become major (and expensive) repairs.
- Check fuel prices – you can use apps such as Petrol Spy to find out your local prices before you start driving around. This could save you a lot, as prices can vary wildly between suburbs/brands.
- Drive sensibly – Being heavy on the pedals (stopping and starting aggressively) uses more petrol, as well as increasing wear on tyres and brakes.